Ten Ways to improve Telemarketing
- Ask "am I catching you at a bad time?"
- Delete the 'reading from a script' sound.
- Change tone and pace of voice so it is similar to that of the person you are talking to.
- Never argue with a customer even when you must defend your position.
- Ask questions, ask questions, ask questions.
- Listen to what the customer wants; give them what they want and need rather than being focused on what you have to sell.
- Have multiple offers available to best serve your customer.
- Remember you are not in the direct mail business. Don't be taken by the classic put-off, "send me something."
- Ask for referrals and ask, "What else can I help you with?" Each additional lead and sale is icing on the cake.
- Preplan the objective of each call; gather information, make an appointment, get the sale, etc.